Birmingham Tutors is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This client privacy notice describes how Birmingham /Tutors, the data controller, collects, uses and protects your information.
How we collect your information
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us such as completing an enquiry or application form. We may also collect information about you online through our website, via email, the post, over the phone or from discussions with you.
The type of information we hold
The information we hold may include name, address, contact telephone number, email address and details of academic subjects requiring our tutoring services.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
· The legitimate business interest to provide you with the information you requested and information on our services.
· To process your application for tutoring.
Who we will share your information with
We will not sell or swap your information with any other agency. We will share your information with:
• Potential tutors.
• Our IT support is provided by KDA Web Services who are a data processor and covered by our contract for services with them.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by Birmingham Tutors and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA), or a country approved by the EU.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you. Where we have had no interaction with you for a period of one year we will delete your data.
How you can access your information
You have the right to request access to the information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to:
• object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
• have inaccurate personal data rectified;
• request your information to be deleted or destroyed and if we can we will but sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons.
If you are not happy about how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.co.uk.
How we will tell you about future changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information please email email@example.com